Look Better Naked Challenge
To start the year off on the right foot, we will begin CFF’s 1st Nutrition Challenge on January 4th. The Challenge will run for eight weeks and conclude on February 29th. Cost will be $25 a person with all of the entry fee going towards the prize package. The complete prize package will be announced after all participants have registered. The Challenge is not strict Paleo, though you may chose to go Paleo. It is our belief that you should work hard and occasionally cheat. Your diet should be a realistic way of life and healthy, but not a source of stress. You should eat to fuel your body to perform efficiently.
You will use a point system to track your progress throughout the challenge. There will be two ways to accumulate points:
- Daily points for eating clean with bonus points.
- “Baseline” WOD – performed @ the start and end of the challenge.
Daily Points & Bonus Points
Each participant will have the opportunity to accumulate up to 6 points daily. You must meet the criteria in each individual section to earn that point. ( For example, No Grain means no grain. If you have 3 crackers, you can not claim 1 point for #3.)
- Eat real food. Meat, eggs, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit, oils (like EVOO or coconut). Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re fresh and natural.
- Do not eat grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, corn, oatmeal, and also any gluten-free pseudo-grains (quinoa, etc).
- Do not eat sugars of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Truvia, Stevia, etc.
We are going to exclude post WOD supplements (whey protein shakes with water). You may consume without penalty.
4. Earn one bonus point per day that you get 8+ hours of sleep.
5. Earn one bonus point per day (maximum of 5 per week) for each WOD you
complete at CrossFit Florian (do not overtrain).
6. Earn one bonus point per day that you supplement with fish oil.
Points are awarded on the honor system and you will be responsible for logging your daily total at CFF on the “Official” board which will be hung at the front of the gym.
In order to participate you must:
- Weigh in @ CFF by January 7th
- You must photograph yourself from the front, side and rear. In each picture you should be holding a copy of the day’s newspaper with the front page visible. Guys should be in shorts / shirtless and ladies shorts and sport bra.
- You will be responsible for photographing yourself at the conclusion of the challenge as well. Again, the front page of the day’s newspaper should be visible on all three pics.
- These photos will be taken by you (or a loved one) and held until the end of the challenge, if you wish to be considered for a prize you must pass them in to us.
Standards used for judging:
1. Weight loss
2. Body Composition
3. Point total
4. % of your improvement in the “Baseline” WODs
The challenge is designed to reward those who stay dedicated to maintaining a healthy diet, getting quality sleep and consistently WOD’n over eight weeks. It’s not a weight loss contest!!! Eating clean is about providing your body with the optimal fuel that it was designed to run on. It’s about feeling your best, mentally and physically. Looking better naked just happens to be a nice side effect.
The “Baseline” WOD must be completed within the 1st 6 days of the challenge (by Jan 10th) and within the last 6 (by Feb 29th). Your score will be the percentage you improved by. Baseline will be incorporated in CFF’s programming the week LBNC begins. You may sub CFF’s scheduled WOD for the Baseline.
30 Sit ups
20 Push ups
10 Pull ups
* Push ups may be modified.
* Ring Rows may be subbed for Pull ups. Banded Pull ups are not allowed during the Baseline.